View Single Post
Old March 25, 2013, 01:43 PM   #184
abherbitter

Owned a PT145 Millennium but wasn't super happy so I sold it and bought the PT145 Millennium Pro. The only complaint I had with the non-Pro version was the lack of attachment rail really. That one I bought used at a gun show and when I looked up the serial number it was made in 2001 (I bought it late 2012). Pulled trigger, went bang, hole appeared in target.

Shortly before I sold it I went to the range with a buddy and had the recoil spring fail on me. I think it was mostly my fault though. Taurus at the time was using a 4-piece recoil spring assembly. And I think I put the outer recoil spring on backwards. The Pro models use a captive recoil spring assembly that doesn't come apart so you can't screw it up (maybe I wasn't the only one eh?).

This brings me to my only complaint: Taurus Customer Service.

I spent about 3 months trying to get a replacement recoil spring for the non-Pro model to be able to sell it. They sent me the wrong part three times. The last time I even sent them in the messed-up remains of my recoil spring, along with the wrong part that I had gotten previously and wrote "NOT THIS" on the shipping label for the wrong part. I got another copy of that SAME wrong part.

Almost every time I called to follow up after they FINALLY figured out what I needed I got a different story. I don't think I was being given the run-around I think the customer service reps didn't know what was going on.

I think that Taurus makes a great product. I will warn you that the springs on it are TOUGH. But their customer service is enough that I'm not recommending them to others anymore.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries