Thread: Unbelievable!
View Single Post
Old November 14, 2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Uncle Buck

Unbelievable!

Today was not my day. I get to where I am hunting this morning, park my scooter and decide it was a comfortable place to sit. Thinking about the hunting regulations here in Missouri and musing about the fun I am going to have trying to get my deer out with my scooter. (It wasn't going to happen.)
It is starting to get light out, so I figure I better call the wife and let her know I have made it in to my hunting area with no problem, before she comes looking for me.
So I light a cigarette, dial the cell phone and wait for her to answer. I look to my right and there is a beautiful six-point buck. He is 20 feet from me if he is a yard! He is standing there, snorting at me. Now in Missouri he would be legal if he had four points on one side. He did not have four points on either side. He had three. I swear he was standing there making sure I knew that he knew I could not take him. After a few minutes he walked away, but not before giving me the hoof. If he had four fingers, it would have been a very recognizable gesture.
Three more smaller bucks came by, each acting as if they did not have a care in the world (and I guess they did not!). I got to wondering: 1. Is someone telling these deer they are safe from harvest? 2. Have the deer set up a little chop shop somewhere to have tines removed?
I have never seen such blaring disrespect for a hunter in my entire short life! What is getting into these deer?

Well, this evening I saw three does, though they were big, they were too far to shoot at. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Uncle Buck; November 15, 2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Changed Dear to Deer

Page generated in 0.02317 seconds with 8 queries