View Single Post
Old June 26, 2009, 03:38 AM   #465
kscardsfan

.50 fan, as much as I envy you and your chosen hobby (rock on!! ), I have to disagree with you. While we might or might not (not a geologist, don't know the future) have unlimited supplies of petroleum, we only have a finite supply of gas/diesel at any one time. They change the blends between summer and winter, add differing amounts of sulphur to diesel, retool refineries, etc. The strategic petroleum reserve that Pelosi and the other liberals wanted to tap into to relieve gas prices last summer or the year before is the most potent example of this. And before any one asks about my qualifications on this, my family and friends are all in the oil field, specifically in the exploration (drilling) side of the industry. Next to my copies of shotgun news and guns and ammo are my dad's copies of world oil, off shore engineer, and hart's e&p (exploration&production). He also reads the wall street journal, not sure why though, he's too cheap to do anything in the stock market . Also, like ammo, the military is using massive amounts of fossil fuel in the war right now; so once supply catches up to demand I think we'll see things normalize again, but for now we'll just have to live lean and wait for sunnier days to come back lol. (yes, I'm a captialist pig and profited from high energy prices, but I didn't get any kind of discount at the pump or on my electric bill lol)

Page generated in 0.02105 seconds with 8 queries