View Single Post
Old February 9, 2020, 05:59 PM   #3
jmr40

I've tried real hard to like dot sights, but just don't. I've owned 3 of them and just could never warm up to any of them. I've never owned any of the high end models, but have had 2 in the $200 price range. I'm more accurate at any range with iron sights than the dot sights I've used. But the problem with irons is seeing the sights in low light or less than perfect vision.

I know you said no scope, but I've found something with 1X on the low end to be way faster than dots or iron's even in poor light. All of my AR's have either 1-4X or 1-6X scopes on them now. On 4X or 6X I'm able to shoot accurately out to at least 400 yards. One of mine also has an illuminated reticle which serves the same purpose as the dot sights, you get the best of both.

If you've not researched the low powered scopes you really should. They don't cost much, if any more than a decent dot sight or good quality irons. And work better than either. Unless you have near perfect vision irons are going to be hard and you'll never get a dot to focus for you. You can focus a scope to work with your eyes.

Winston Churchill

Page generated in 0.03689 seconds with 8 queries