View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 06:47 AM   #90
rebs

The biggest problem I see is that the government cannot be trusted to play fair with law abiding gun owners. They have taken steps to prevent veterans from owning guns. How many veterans have already been put on a list, Diane Feinstein has said veterans should not be allowed to have guns. What kind of lump them all in one class is that non sense ? She did not say veterans with severe post traumatic stress, she said all veterans. Do you trust a congress woman of that mentality ? Then you have the government ignoring the HIPPA law and looking into peoples personal health records, that is illegal. The you have Gov. Cuomo passing a law that requires a doctor, nurse practitioner or registered nurse to provide the name and address of any person they feel might be a danger to themselves or the general public. What happened to doctor patient confidentiality ? Also how is a nurse practitioner or a register nurse qualified to judge a persons mental health ?
We all know they are after registration and eventual confiscation of all guns from law abiding citizens.
Look at the FBI statistics about crime rates, they are the highest in cities and states that have the strictest gun laws already. Look at Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, and California etc and it goes on and on. The highest crime is in places where the law abiding citizen is unarmed. Only law abiding citizens obey gun laws, the criminals will always have guns.
The government is breaking more laws to take your guns because their end purpose is to disarm the law abiding citizen, showing that the government cannot be trusted. The police cars have painted on them "to protect and to serve ", now the government is saying it is not the police's job to protect you, whats with that ? We want to disarm you and its not up to the police to protect you, so we are leaving you to the mercy of the armed criminals.
All I understand is that a federal back ground check system will no doubt lead to a federal registration and at some point they will be knocking at your door demanding your guns. Look what happened in New Orleans, people were treated like common criminals, pushed around, shoved around, threatened and abused. There was rioting and looting and instead of dealing with that the police were coming around disarming the law abiding making them easy pickings for the criminals. Why weren't they dealing with the criminals that were breaking the law ? IMHO it was because they had to do something and disarming law abiding citizens was easier and safer for them than dealing with the criminals.
I apologize for rambling on, but it gripes me that it is always more laws for the law abiding and nothing being done about the law breakers.

Page generated in 0.04156 seconds with 8 queries