View Single Post
Old February 23, 2014, 11:33 PM   #44
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Before we know it were going to look up and see that right gone and wonder "what the heck happened"?
This isn't happening because somebody took over the government. This is happening because the people implicitly endorsed it through their choices (or lack thereof) at the voting booth. Most of the folks asking how this happened would do well to educate themselves and actually get involved on the civic level.

I dealt with this in 1994. I had more than a few conversations like this:

Joe Bob: What in the heck do you mean I can't get 13-round clips for my Glock?

Me: There's a ban on distribution of new ones to civilians.

Joe Bob: Wha...when did that happen?

Me: About three months ago. Lots of stories in the news about it. If you belong to the NRA, you might have gotten a phone call...

Joe Bob: Yeah, they interrupted [insert name of vapid television series, probably Friends] I hung up on 'em.

Me: Yeah, I got that a lot.

Joe Bob: Well, then why didn't YOU do something to stop it?

Me: I was the guy you hung up on.

Joe Bob: Well, YOU shoulda done ☠☠☠☠☠☠ MORE! This is why I don't give money to [insert 2A organization he never donated to anyway]. Also, ☠☠☠☠☠ to [insert politician Joe Bob saw on CNN last night, probably Ken Starr]. ☠☠☠☠☠! I'm gonna go bury my rifles in a place I'll never find 'em!

And so it goes. There was no secret conspiracy then or now. They wanted it more than we did, and they did the work. That's how politics works.

Page generated in 0.03286 seconds with 8 queries