View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 12:33 PM   #8
wayneinFL

Quote:
This is true. Some of the airline counter people will look as though they're about to pass out if you tell them you want to declare a firearm. "Is that a real gun? Is it loaded? Is it going to just go off by itself?" And some will assume you are an LEO and hand you the wrong paperwork. I've seen both kinds. The TSA will generally give you the full treatment if you just have a Guns and Ammo magazine on you or are wearing a Springfield Armory T shirt. I have not flown for many years now because of all this stupidity. I don't need to get anywhere that fast.
I haven't had a problem with the counter people in years. I don't know if my attitude has changed or they've just become accustomed to people flying with handguns.

And I am vehemently opposed to a lot of the stupidity that goes along with the TSA, but unless I find a new job, I have to fly.

I laughed out loud at the T-shirt comment. I grabbed a gray t-shirt in a rush to make a flight a few months ago. After going through the backscatter x-ray machine, they stopped me and patted down my back. I later realized it was a Florida State Championship t-shirt with a picture of a race gun on the back.

Quote:
If it were me I would treat any gun parts the same as a complete gun and declare it to the airline before you check it.
To clarify, I would still declare the firearm.

Page generated in 0.02292 seconds with 8 queries