View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 11:40 AM   #5
drail

Since the TSA is not inspecting every piece of luggage that goes into a baggage hold I don't think you will have a problem BUT you need to be aware of and follow the airline regs since their insurance carriers often have requirements in addition to the TSA regs (and all of the air carriers are different). Bottom line, the airline carrier has the final say on what may be loaded on THEIR aircraft. If they lose the bag and later find it and inspect it and you have violated any regs (TSA or carrier or municpal codes like NYC has) then you will have a problem. They may cancel your ticket or they may call local law enforcement. If it were me I would treat any gun parts the same as a complete gun and declare it to the airline before you check it. Violation can be 10 years/$10,000. Don't take any chances and don't place too much credence on what any airline counter person tells you over the phone or at the airport, most of them are completely clueless when it comes to their own company rules. It is always a good idea to go to their website and print and carry a copy of their rules with you at all times during the trip. Another thing that would concern me are local municipal laws at ANY at any location you may have to divert to because of weather or aircraft problems. People have been arrested simply because they ended up in a city they had no plans to visit because of extreme weather problems. Check everything and don't assume anything. It is a veritable minefield out there.

Last edited by drail; August 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 8 queries