View Single Post
Old March 16, 2018, 11:31 PM   #24
hdwhit

Quote:
Bobert1850 wrote:
I'm the kind of person that needs to know the why and how with everything.
I understand the excitement and novelty of a new gun and a new caliber, but what you're talking about in your original post is akin to running before you have learned to stand.

Buy a reloading manual. Many people like Lee's ABCs of Modern Reloading, others prefer the Lyman manual, while I like the Hornady Handbook. For this purpose, they're all the same. Find the section near the front that talks about "how to reload".

Read it.

No, Study it. There will be a test.

That test comes when you start making these little pipe bombs that we call cartridges and you end up with the title "Sharpshooter" or "Lefty".

Once you have studied the manual, then start looking for the reqloaidn equipment that you want. Buy it and get familiar with it before you buy any components. When you're familiar with the equipment, buy components and then follow the directions in the manual to load in accord with published data.

When you've been doing that for a few years, then you'll have enough experience to know whether you're ready to start making wildcat rounds.

Page generated in 0.02286 seconds with 8 queries