View Single Post
Old June 15, 2019, 08:53 AM   #39
F. Guffey

Quote:
I never skip a step in reloading but never used a file , would seem very time consuming .
To use a file the reloader must first own one, then there is that thing about knowing how it is used. Then comes that part about deciding the rationale for using the man tool 'the hack saw and the file'. If a reloader does not have a trim die they become one of the reloaders that talk about it.

For the reloader that has a forming die (AKA) also known as a trim die there is no way the reloader can trim the end of the case more accurately than with a file across the top of the trim die.

Unlike most reloaders I can not find an excuse like 'very time consuming' as a good reason not to do it.

Again, I find the aircraft countersink works when trimming. It helps to support the outside of the neck; when forming cases the neck protrudes through the top of the forming die. That is the reason the hack saw for me is the preferred tool and then there is the aircraft countersink. And then it gets complicated but in my madness because of the things that seem time consuming.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.06142 seconds with 8 queries