View Single Post
Old January 14, 2017, 09:33 AM   #76
AK103K

Quote:
Wow, nice recoil control. That is convincing, but would require a lot of practice. Most people wouldn't be able to do that (or should I say wouldn't put the practice time in to be able to do that.)
It really doesn't take much practice, once you're shown how to properly do things. Some guns are a little different than others, but the technique is the same for all of them.

Things like the MAC's and the pistols, with or without stocks are a little different, but most of the shoulder fired guns with reasonable cyclic rates are pretty easy, even for a beginner, assuming they are willing to listen and learn. Kids and women are usually the easier people to teach in that respect.

Quote:
It's all about trigger control.
Trigger control is a big part of it, but not all of it. I think a lot of new shooters are more focused on the gun than trying to get it to do what they want. Just a little bit of sensory overload.

I've found too, many try to actually use the sights, as opposed to shooting over them, when shooting in FA. That just aggravates the paying attention to what the gun is doing instead of where the rounds are going, as you're not going to be able to hold a sight picture. If you're just going to squeeze off one round, sure, use the sights. Anything more, over the top.

Quote:
Bump fire is not the same as full auto.
It's not, although some of the various methods are better than others. The best improvised method I've seen, was the "rubber band" around the mag well mod on the AR's. Once learned, it's pretty close to "on demand" FA, it still requires some effort on your part.

The problem with bump fire is, you really don't have the control, and usually have to focus on the gun to get it to run. Just something else to get in the way. Cheap fun if you have the place and ammo.

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries