View Single Post
Old October 15, 2017, 04:13 AM   #7
stagpanther

You can buy big-name expensive dogs too--I have more than once. Regardless of who makes them--the real thing that counts about parts is how much they stand behind them. I bottom fish on occasion for really cheap stuff and sometimes get lucky with great performance--but then I'm not too surprised when it's a dog. Top shelf stuff is a different story. I expect that to perform well.--and most of the time it does.

In regards to experience in building 'em--well, we all got to start some place. I've built dozens over the last 11 years--and truth is I'm just starting to learn how to make a good, well-tuned AR. Despite all the books, vids, Brownell's how-to's (which are excellent for first-timers, BTW, I still refer to these periodically) I learned stuff the hard way by making mistakes--and continue to do so.

But when I shoot a .5 MOA or less one-holer with one of my builds and the rifle functions flawlessly--with no "brutality" to the brass which I use to reload--now that's a feeling of pride that's hard to beat. Not easy getting there though.

Brass tell no lies.

Last edited by stagpanther; October 15, 2017 at 04:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.03932 seconds with 8 queries