View Single Post
Old February 9, 2013, 09:26 AM   #11
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbag
... BUT is has a 10 lb trigger that can't be improved much if at all-it's fun to shoot if you don't care about tight groups
Of course the trigger can be improved. It's a license-built, very high quality 1911 and it will respond to a trigger job just like any 1911. A competent 1911-smith can get the trigger down to whatever you want. I prefer 4-3/4 to 5 pounds, but with a Sistema it wouldn't be difficult to get it down to 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZone4Doe
Does anyone know where I can get a quality replacement barrel for a low price?Working on a budget seeing as how I have other projects going on..
Why even consider shopping for a barrel if you haven't even shot it yet? You don't know if it needs a barrel.

If you need one, Sarco has their house brand "Roto" barrels for around $45, and they sell what they call a "GI Pattern" barrel for $40. Both are excellent deals and appropriate for an older pistol like the Sistema. But, any new barrel should be fitted, so you could still spend half or more what you paid for the pistol and not improve the accuracy all that much (unless the existing barrel is completely shot out).

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; February 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: typo

Page generated in 0.02295 seconds with 8 queries