View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 06:00 PM   #10
Chris_B

Thanks all. I was merely worried about any recoil imparted on the edges of the ferrule imparting shock to the wood. Since the open portion of the insert faces aft, this is a chisel-like action if true

Since it's not, no worries. I do appreciate the mechanical function of the insert, being a competent amateur mechanic

HiBC, Thanks. I've been admiring this stock for over almost 40 years, but it was never put on a rifle until my Father donated it to my 'rebuild a drilled 03A3 receiver' project. I even had to drill the hole for the forward barrel band. He just stored it for almost 50 years. No cartouches except for the 'K' in the cut-off well, which I believe is Keystone.

My Father bought that stock and two others for his 03A3 in the '60s, all USGI surplus. Paid five bucks each. He had an eye for wood; all of the stocks he bought had the grain running this way but only this one has the fancy wood. One of the three might be a USMC sniper C stock. One of them unfortunately developed a crack recently. Fixable, but too bad all the same. I have no idea why my stock was never issued, except maybe it was too pretty. Nice hunk of firewood

Page generated in 0.03563 seconds with 8 queries