Thread: cartridge belt
View Single Post
Old April 24, 2001, 07:24 AM   #7
Ned Roundtree

Shooting at a lot of different clubs. For the record there is not a SASS rule that you load only at the table. There are "rules for loading at the table". There is likewise no SASS rule limiting reloaded rounds. In SASS RO-II there is reference to good stage design and limiting or eliminating reloads on the clock. And certainly at larger clubs where you are running through 150 shooters this is a concern. Reloads equal additional time used. The norm at big clubs vs. smaller clubs CAN be different. Smaller clubs it is not the same issue. I'm not talking on the run. But you could shoot your pistol empty and have to reload five on the clock. About half the folks here, turn their belt around and load from cartridges off the belt. I take mine from the belt and count onto the table. But the ammo loops turned to the front is not just for looks. Reloading on a stage or horse is a lot easier if the loops are in front. Yes, some use their ammo boxes. Some get into it and realize turning the ammo loops to the front works better. I shot Saturday at a newer club. There were thirteen of us. To get more shooting on a limited number of targets, we reload all five pistol rounds on the clock.

Page generated in 0.02130 seconds with 8 queries