View Single Post
Old March 28, 2009, 06:46 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Until you fire factory ammo H&K - nor probably any other company - will have much to say, unfortunately. They may conclude it's a "user-induced failure".
I should have clarified. I've fired factory ammo out of it also. IIRC, there were 4 FTE during the course out of about 1500 rounds fired. Three of them were with UMC and WWB ammo. I've come to the conclusion that it isn't the ammo whether it's factory or reloads. All of my other guns have had reloads galore in them and I've never had issues. The only time I have is when I'm working up or experimenting different combinations of charge, primer brand, powder brand, bullet brand, and OAL. Malfunctions are expected when your testing what works best for a gun. After finding what works best for my applications, I've never had an issue induced by a reload.

I'm sure if I disclose that I use reloads and factory, HK might void my warranty. That's fine. Millions of gunowners shoot reloads through their guns. If a firearm manufacturer wants to void a warranty just because of this, I'll sell the gun AFTER it gets fixed and spend my money elsewhere. However, I'm not going to make a knee jerk reaction. I need to give HK a chance to make things right.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03915 seconds with 8 queries