View Single Post
Old February 23, 2011, 12:31 AM   #4
capreppy

I went to a gun show a couple of weekends ago. Lots of brass and some reloading equipment, but did not find any bullets worthwhile pricewise or qualitywise. Our particular Gun Show does NOT allow the sale of Primers or Powder so check to make sure that they will indeed allow the sale of Primers or Powder.

With that being said, you'll likely find better pricing on the internet. With a $300 order, this is what I would get (you can adjust yours accordingly based on your caliber and powder/primer choice, but you'll get the jist):

Powder Valley
- $50 for Primers (2k Winchester LPP)
- $31.30 for 2lbs of Hodgdon's HP-38 (you can save yourself more money by buying in the 8lb jug)
- $25 HazMat Fee & $12 shipping (estimate)

I shoot lead and purchase from Missouri Bullet. I'll give you my .45ACP Order as an example
- $144 for 2k MBC IDP #1, .452 200gr LSWC
- $13 for shipping

$275.30 Total for Primers, Powder, & Bullets including shipping & HazMat
This total is good for 2k complete rounds (assuming you have the brass).

I just bought 5k CCI #300 (LPP) & an 8lb jug of Winchester W231 (PV is out of stock of HP-38 for at least another 2 weeks). I paid $25.50/1000 for the primers and $116 for the HP-38. I split the order with someone so the hazmat and shipping is split. Even with shipping, I am saving $75 (rough estimate).

One last note, I've never been to a gun show that did NOT collect sales tax so factor that in as you are checking out prices.

Page generated in 0.03230 seconds with 8 queries