View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 07:21 PM   #14
Clark

Quote:
Sevens
I've been very close to purchasing it a couple of times, but can't get myself to do it -- and my reasoning is quite simply that folks who know the software well constantly praise it's abilities in bottle neck rifle rounds and just as often mention that it's not nearly as accurate when working with straight-wall handgun rounds.

I'm a handgun loader for dead sure certain, I actively load for 16 different handgun rounds.
It can be very accurate with velocity predictions for straight wall handgun rounds, like 380 at 20kpsi with Power Pistol or 45 Colt at 20 kpsi with H110.

What makes QL nuts is the big muzzle fireball in 9mm at 50kpsi with Power Pistol. It thinks that is 1,000,000 psi, because it calculates worst case for that powder that burned in the fireball to have, instead, burned in the chamber.

And the QL instructions warn about that... but not in those terms.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Page generated in 0.02588 seconds with 8 queries