View Single Post
Old July 5, 2012, 11:00 AM   #6
rclark

No problem. Really the only time this becomes a concern is when you are loading on the bleeding edge (high pressure side). Then changing primers could cause an over pressure condition. Backing off and working back up is the way to go in this case.

Primer sensitivity depends on the powder, not the cartridge. Unique for example is primer insensitive (tested over chronograph). Only a few fps different.... I've tested a few other powders too to put my mind at ease... Now 2400 is primer sensitive. I got over 100fps difference (CCI-300 and CCI-350) is a .44Spec load I tested. WLP was in-between the two. That translates to a lot more pressure so I stick with standard primers with it. You won't be using 2400 though in the .38Spec .
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.02049 seconds with 8 queries