View Single Post
Old June 2, 2009, 10:14 PM   #17
elkman06

Hmm, I guess everyone has their spin on this. In 1988(the year Yellowstone burned), I happened to be part of a 30 person(20 active) volunteer fire crew in the Cheyenne area. After a early summer drought, and half of the State allready burning, we approached the county commissioners about banning fireworks. They refused, assuring us that it would be fine. From about 8AM July 4 until 9AM July 5, we ran 47 fire calls. To this day, I am more than happy to sit back and watch the City sponsored show, and have a hose running in my back yard for most of the evening.
Having been on the kind of losing end of everyone elses' fun, I still cringe when I see fireworks going off in the desert, prairie, county, (pick one)
Kinda find it funny when someone says that "It's no big deal, it will be fine." Back to your question: it's not really your problem, Just keep a hose running.
elkman06

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

Page generated in 0.03702 seconds with 8 queries