View Single Post
Old April 18, 2009, 10:45 PM   #5
TACKLEMAN24

I have checked and the expander ball on the decaping rods (both of them) and they clearly fit through the case necks by hand. As for the case lube, I have a RCBS case lube kit with the RCBS case lube pad and RCBS case lube alond with Hornady One Shot case lube. I have even tried spraying the lube directly one the cases. As for the press itself, it is a large one, not small and is a Hornady Classic Press. I have taken the decaping rod completely out of the dies and tried to run the case through the die and it is extremely difficult to run the cases through the die. As for the cases being clean, I always clean my cases twice, once before I do anything and once again after I decap the cases. When I clean the cases the 1st time they are in the tumbler for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours and the 2nd time I run the tumbler for about an hour or so. Again, I used that old set for approximately 500 rounds before I found out exactly how worn out they were. I tried using some of my reloads in a friends bolt action and they would not chamber yet they chambered in my Garand. I am thinking that there is actually something wrong with the dies. Also, so people know the brass is various military headstamps but mostly Lake City and HXP Greek military ammo surplus. I have not tried this with any comercial brass yet but not sure if it makes a difference. Also, I have checked the tiny hole that lets air escape. Again, considering the decaping rod is removed so it is not possible for air to become trapped and cause back pressure.

Page generated in 0.02295 seconds with 8 queries