View Single Post
Old April 17, 2009, 07:37 AM   #65
Enoy21

David .... No disrespect taken ... as I pretty much call her the crazy Milk lady as I sip on my tall glass of 2% Milk... Although she is very educated , it's more of a belief system than a science per say. I just don't personally believe alot of it. lol

And I agree with the differences in studies and quality of studies and how often certain studies are aimed at trying to change a point of view... That's kind of what I Was getting at. Seeing the studies of both , and making a personal decision is needed. Not just following a study or two that's been seen.

I'm just saying that this was not a " this is gospel best solution". This was my personal opinion of my best scenario. Which is still open for a change of mind, but I believe you will often find many people with differing opinions as it applies to them.

If you prefer to hear my reasonings here it is ....

I live in a home with VERY thin walls ( thinner than Drywall ).... Extremely thin walls , My bedroom is on the opposite end of my children's... Any attacker, burglar etc , that enters the home will be between me and my kids... Any shots I have will be very carefully angled to a point that any overshot will NOT hit a wall ( My son sleeps in the room adjacent to the Living room and front door entry) My daughter in a room at the end of a hallway leading off from the front door. ANY overshot at all poses a very high risk in these situations. The only advantage I feel with a pistol is that I can move to get better angles easier.... Hence , I have personal reasons for my choices. I feel less comfortable with the Pistol and a miss , but more comfortable that I can get better angles and safer shots. ( Maneuverability )

This particular link backs my view ... sort of. http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs10.htm

While not completely optimal , it is accepted as a potentially safer option in some situations. I prefer to not kill anyone if I Can avoid it , if it takes 3 shots of bird to take him down , well that's 3 shots I'll take versus the one with higher risks to my kids. 4" penetration to a midsection may not kill the guy but it's going to hurt like hell and make him pause (I would hope) while allowing me time for a follow-up shot if needed.

Interesting information though and perhaps I will spend my work day doing more research.

Last edited by Enoy21; April 17, 2009 at 08:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03548 seconds with 8 queries