View Single Post
Old May 15, 2008, 02:49 PM   #4
Dismantler

This is particular to my house. An intruder would have to come up a narrow stairway to get to my wife and I. He would have a small night light behind him. This would silouhette him while I waited in the dark. I think that is a good situation to be in...him lit up and me in the shadows.

If the BG is outside and may be looking in, you want to be in the dark. Even with small night lights, he will see you if you move about. I once had this happen. Armed robbers shot at a police officer right outside my house. They dumped their car there and fled out behind my house. That led to woods. I immediately turned off all the lights inside, and lit up the back with my floods. The officer was out by his cruiser waiting for back up, so my back lights did not expose him. I waited inside with my revolver in case they came around to take a shot at the officer. I could see everything outside, but I was (hopefully) not visible to the BG's.

No, I did not get a shot, but the officer told me that he appreciated the effort.

Page generated in 0.02860 seconds with 8 queries