View Single Post
Old May 10, 2010, 02:16 PM   #10
Technosavant

I'm also surprised that she seems to be rather moderate. She isn't the blazing leftist I'd have expected out of Obama; it appears that we may be seeing a solid vote for the liberal wing of the court be replaced by another swing vote.

My one real concern is her lack of bench experience and the decisions that would have come along with that. Lawyers for the administration will argue the administration's position; there's no real way of knowing if that's REALLY what they think. Very much a "take the king's shilling, do the king's work" sort of thing.

Could be that Obama just didn't want a long and drawn out fight to install a hard left justice- he pretty well used up most of his political capital to get health care through, and now he has to mend some fences if he's going to get much else done. This could be something of an accommodation to more conservative Senators, both in his party and in the GOP.

Or she could be a hard line leftist who has just hidden it thus far. There's no real way to know for sure.

Page generated in 0.02769 seconds with 8 queries