View Single Post
Old January 28, 2007, 12:48 AM   #9
grey_pilgrim

I guess i'll be interested to see which rounds stick around in a serious way for the next 20 years. Not as much "which ones will fade into nonexistance", but "which ones will I be able to walk into a gun shop and buy". Until then, as someone who doesn't have the coin to spring for lots of firearms, i'm leary of buying something that might be extremely proprietary in 10 years. Well kept firearms can last lifetimes (hopefully even mattel ones )

Still, the paper specs on the grendel are impressive. . . if I had the coin i think i'd choose it for my AR. . . it would truly be an "only rifle" for paper and deer out to as long as i'll be shooting here.

I was *this* close to springing for a beowulf for my "only ar". . . loaded with those 500 grn powerbelts, it'd be a smasher, but decided that the ammunition was still too proprietary, and i needed a rifle that would meet other needs.

As a question, reinheld, why does your rifle not have a dustcover? Is it just that it doesn't really make a difference for bench or light hunting conditions, or is it durable enough that its not necessary. Sweet rifle.

Page generated in 0.03812 seconds with 8 queries