View Single Post
Old April 3, 2013, 07:09 PM   #1
spanishjames

We can use Bloomberg's money!

As many of you know, Mayor Bloomberg and his group, Mayors Against Illigal Guns (MAIG), is spending a lot of money to sway our representatives to vote for Universal Background Checks, as well as other limitations on our Rights, firearms, magazines, and so forth. MAIG is asking that citizens call or email their senators to support restrictions being discussed in congress. http://www.demandaction.org/

MAIG asks that you call a toll-free number, after which you'll be connected to your senator directly. All you have to do is tell your senator the opposite of what MAIG asks you to do, (except for your name and location of course). Namely:

1.Tell them your name and where you are from.
2.Tell them to oppose Senate Bill 649 which requires criminal background checks for every gun sale in America.
3.Ask them to oppose legislation that bans assault weapons and limits high-capacity magazines.

The toll-free number is 855-440-4800 .

I just called, and after a few talking points and entering my zip code, I was immediately connected to my senator's office. It took no more than two minutes, and the call was free to me, but not to Bloomberg.

Page generated in 0.02096 seconds with 8 queries