View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 07:52 PM   #11
DASHZNT

Re: If you wanted to profit from shortages

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc323 View Post
Keep in mind that primers must be shipped by a Haz Mat shipper. Just putting them in a USPS flat rate box is taking a chance having them intercepted and confiscated at best, or earn you a couple years as a guest of the federal prison system worst case.

Let's say you sell the primer hoard on gunbroker, which is a part of the public view. Very easy for a postal inspector to see who is selling and how they are sending. Is the risk worth the reward?

To go further, say you buy up a few AR's to keep until the next panic. You have no FFL. When the next panic hits you start pulling them out and selling them. Will it get you noticed by the ATF? They really hate it when a private citizen becomes a gun dealer without telling them.

So to make enough money to make your endeavour worthwhile you would have to spend a lot of money that you will not miss, warehouse the goods legally and safely, and then sell when the time is right. Mistakes in any of those three actions could get you noticed.
Exactly why you ship it to an FFL and it become their problem to make sure it gets in responsible hands. Once youre paid and have done that, your hands are clean. Primers need to be shipped wirh haz mat which is incurred by the buyer or setup a local deal to swap. Im not happy with the "aftermarket" prices either but I am patient and have amassed enough, although everytime i see something i want im not complete till i have it.

Bottom Line.. Quit crying and buy at the prices youre comfy with and when theyre readily available, buy a little more than just enough every chance you have withoit goin overboard with it and youll be ahead of any shortage and wont be ranting an raving.

Page generated in 0.03954 seconds with 8 queries