View Single Post
Old November 14, 2011, 01:38 AM   #10
Chinny33

I personally have all 3

Ok seriously, I do have all three. All three serve different purposes. I have hunted with all three and taken game with all three.

There is no such thing as a single rifle doing it all.

you are comparing a .223 vs a bolt action 308 vs a semi auto 308. difficult to compare.

What the heck do you want to do with them?

I personally love all three guns. If I COULD only keep one of them, it would be the M1A.

The mini-14 is so-so, completely falling behind ANY AR-15 in terms of ergos, accuracy, and ease of use. All of my AR-15s run circles around this guy. Notorious for inaccuracy. You shoot more than 5rds in succession, and you WILL see the groups magically open up WIDE!

GSR is a decent bolt action for >$700. The bolt is sticky and rough. Trigger pull is fine. I took off the scout mount and mounted a trijicon accupoint. Funny, the scope is $500 more than the rifle (oops). Ive only taken predators with EASE with it.

The M1A scout squad is a fine rifle. But you REALLY have to work on it to get it to be a 1" MOA rifle. Currently after MUCH moolah spent on handloading, reloading and purchasing PREMIUM ammo, i found the sweet spot. Shoot the heavy bullets. Over 165gr and you are money. I first had a sadlak alunimum scope mount on it but i took it off and tossed it because brass kept jamming under the mount. I mounted a scope for what the rifle was intended. SCOUT. Leupold extended eye relief scout scope. 2.5x mag. I BARELY squeezed 1" MOA. ANYONE can agree is it tough to keep a 2.5 scout scope steady at 100yds consistently, even on a bench! HEAVY rifle. 9.6lbs!
It has taken a 120lb sow pig.

AR-10 variants are easier to manage and inherently more accurate.

FN-FNAR i hear great things.

Remington 700. Cut the barrel down and get an accuracy international fix to have a detachable magazine. thread the barrel to accept a flash supressor and you just beat the GSR.
Proverbs 27:12

Page generated in 0.02870 seconds with 8 queries