View Single Post
Old January 29, 2020, 09:14 AM   #1
American Man

Do you let friends shoot on your land? If so, what about letting their children shoot too?

On the rare occasions I have friends visit me, we usually do some shooting, rifle and pistol. Usually the first thing that pops in their heads is, "I'll have to bring the kid's next time". And I always say, "no kids shooting on my land, sorry". Sometimes it is understood, but some have taken it as an insult. I don't even allow some friends to shoot at all. My friends are mostly LE and Feds and those are the friends I let shoot here. I have a regular civilian friend who has some of the best weapons and equipment money can buy, but I don't let him come up here where I live now and let him loose on my ranges. I gave him all the info on local ranges closer to him and told him I will go with him to help him out... 10 years of having all this equipment and he has not fired a single round out of any of them. High end scopes, expensive red dots on everything, thermals... but can't find the time to start at a 25 yard indoor range... but he wants to take his kid up here too. lol No Way.

If one of my other friends who I let shoot get hurt for some reason, it is likely that nothing is going to fall back on me... that is not 100% true though. I know lawyers that work for hospitals will be researching exactly who is going to pay them, especially when some injuries require multiple investigations. I even tell them to make sure their higher ups are ok with shooting in the woods with friend... but I don't make them produce a permission slip. lol

Anyone have a similar situation? I just don't see my land being necessary for someone to instruct their kids on my land and not in a much more controlled environment to start their experience. I'm all for assisting at the wildlife club and other ranges. Things can go wrong and why should I put everything on the line?

Last edited by American Man; January 29, 2020 at 09:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries