View Single Post
Old November 9, 2006, 08:52 AM   #4
ronc0011

Have just recently bought a “Kimber Pro carry Ten II” and have taken up shooting on a regular bases (every weekend) At first I was just getting used to the feel of the pistol. Many years ago in another life I was a carpenter and I spent every day with a 28 oz Estwing hammer in my hand. That hammer was like a natural extension of my body I didn’t even have to watch it in order to use it for some things. It just came as easy as using my hand. So when I bought the pistol I knew I wanted it to be just like that hammer, I wanted it to come as easy as using my hand., requiring no conscious thought.
I have now put maybe 2000 rounds through my pistol and it is getting better. Generally on the 12 yrd range I can run out 13rds as fast as I can reacquire the target and keep them within 6 in. That’s running them out pretty fast, maybe a half second between shots. Also the first magazine will usually be even tighter maybe 3 in. while the last magazine (200 rds) will be maybe 9 in. (fatigue).
One thing that has helped a lot, and I know this will sound weird, is that every night when I’m in bed watching TV waiting to go to sleep I will spend maybe 30 minutes with the pistol in my hand just working it through sighting and target acquisition. Basically just re-enforcing the feel of the thing in my hand. I know this is a tedious, boring thing to do and any more it’s just an unconscious exorcize that my hand almost does on its own while I watch TV. But it serves its purpose because on the range the pistol feels good and right in my hand.

Page generated in 0.02579 seconds with 8 queries