Thread: 300 PRC is it?
View Single Post
Old January 24, 2019, 03:22 PM   #28
Tallest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunya53 View Post
Not to wade into a pissing contest, but I fail to see were the 6.5 CM did something the 260 Remington did not do. If I recall correctly, the 260 Rem was winning comps before the 6.5 CM was a gleam in anyone's eye. Unfortunately, Remington screwed the pooch on it's intro. The 260 is a handloader's dream, and I have both. I will submit there is not a nickel's difference between them and both work well in a short action.

Nunya
The one thing the 6.5CM does that the .260 doesn't is allow very long, very aerodynamic bullets to fit in a short action and chamber appropriately for that purpose. I'm not saying that it is better, or that it would even be my preference. I would choose the .260 every time, especially since I reload. But if you like the 6.5s and you want to shoot really far, (and those are you're only two considerations), the 6.5cm makes the most sense of those three.

"All men are ignorant. The topics of our ignorance may vary, but the nature of the world is that no man may know everything." ~ R Jordan

Page generated in 0.03661 seconds with 8 queries