View Single Post
Old December 24, 2001, 04:07 AM   #2
Azrael256

If somebody seemed overly nervous to me, I'd be suspicious. I know what people who have a fear of flying act like (I just look in the mirror), so somebody who is nervous for a different reason will stand out. I would also look for someone who is walking without swinging their arms. Humans naturally do that because it aids balance, and if somebody has something in their hand they don't want to swing around, it's going to look kinda funny. Obviously there are some other things. If somebody stinks of cordite, or if he has a vest made of dynamite, etc., but those things are much more noticeable.

If you ask a cop how they spot suspicious things, they probably won't be able to quantify it. It's impossible to come up with a set of rules as to how people will act, so you can't come up with very many "I look for this" type answers. The best way to spot somebody is to know how people on airplanes generally act. I can't really explain exactly what that means, but I tend to notice people who are out of place, or are acting strange.

If I notified somebody and they did nothing, I would most definetly get off the plane, and I would make REALLY sure that person's supervisor knew all about what happened.

Page generated in 0.03634 seconds with 8 queries