View Single Post
Old January 10, 2017, 01:20 AM   #21
TruthTellers

Quote:
You are probably going to have to wait a long time!
The pressure of the .327 needs that steel frame, so it will not come out in the aluminum frame. That's why the current .357, 9mm and .327 all are the steel frame and slightly heavier LCR.
Then they make one in a steel frame, not difficult considering they make the LCR in a steel frame.

All they'd need do is open up the spot where the hammer would be, make the POLYMER grip longer (which they already have the molds to do this with the .38 LCRx 3 inch), and make the barrel shroud longer, again something they already do with the .38 LCRx.

Making more chamberings in the 3 inch LCRx is so simple and easy to do that Ruger could do this within a month if they wanted to. They plain just don't want to, I believe.

Quote:
HVR raises an excellent point. Unless the current .327 Federal SP101 turns out to be a runaway hit, I doubt that Ruger will be in a hurry to produce a steel-frame LCRx, especially considering that the SP101 should more comfortably fire this cartridge.
Well the thing there is that the .357 would likely be very popular in the LCRx, so I'd imagine that they will eventually make it. If the gun holds up in .357, then a .327 will eventually come.

Yeah, the LCRx with 3 inch or longer barrel kind of competes with Ruger's SP101 line, but Ruger has two different series of semi auto pistols in the SR and American lines, so it's not like Ruger doesn't already do this.

Page generated in 0.02631 seconds with 8 queries