View Single Post
Old July 17, 2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man

really any more, Luepold has become a mid priced scope ( yes they still make scopes costing in excess of $1,500.00, but the bulk, or a good portion of them are less than $500.00 )

my main concerns ( for my purposes ) are repeatability, having an adjustable objective, & reasonable clarity...

I do have some rifles I'll be wringing out, in this group, that do have some magnum recoil, but about 1/2 are 25-06 or smaller... on guns like my 338 Win Mag, I have expectations of trying to shoot further with down the road, so I'll be pickier with that & or the 7 mag rifle's glass than the guns that will max out at 300 yards... some of these will get hunted with, but the bulk are just for relaxed casual shooting off my bench

I may find some scopes I'm changing their purpose... for example, I have a nice Burris signature 4-16 posi lock on my 338... served it's purpose well, as a hunting only scope, but the posi lock is not conductive to shooting various long range targets, where turret adjustments are needed...

... not to worry, as I have plenty of other rifles in other "groups" that I can mount a good hunting scope like that one on to

Page generated in 0.02140 seconds with 8 queries