View Single Post
Old July 6, 2013, 01:42 AM   #6
45Gunner

My safe is rather huge and bought it about 10 years ago. It was a gun show special from a local dealer, made in the USA, and had a very high fire rating.
Just as a point of interest, the dealer no longer carries that brand of safe because they switched manufacturing to Mexico and the safe does not have the same integrity.

Anyway, back on point, I bought a small portable safe with a very high fire rating and keep my important papers, passports, cash, and other like items in that safe which sits on the bottom of my big safe.

In essence, I have a safe within a safe and feel that should give me adequate protection from any fire. The big safe sits in a corner with cement walls on two sides so unless a gasoline tanker takes a detour thru my house, my important papers, and hopefully my guns, magazines, and the other stuff will remain unscathed in the event of a fire.

Further, the safe is anchored 9" into a cement slab and I have a motion detector and infrared sensor guarding the safe at all times when I have exited my premises. Then of course there is my four legged, take 'em apart canine early warning system that would scare just about anyone that comes within a whiff's distance of the house.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03570 seconds with 8 queries