Thread: Check, please!
View Single Post
Old March 28, 2001, 01:14 PM   #10
ckurts

I'd try my best keep the weapon away from unauthorized people whatever it took. I'm not saying that at 51 years old I could outfight any teenager around, but I'm not in completely decrepit condition, weigh well over 200 and have done some martial arts, self defense, and boxing in my time.
In any case, from what I've seen of a lot teenagers these days I'd have at least an even chance and the classic "bear hug" that David describes is not all that difficult to break. I'd be low-kicking and instep stomping the heck out of the guy trying to reach the weapon in the IWB rig(which I don't use BTW; prefer pager pal or pocket carry).

With all of the bravado out of the way: I'd expect that I'd be the one who got sued in this day and age no matter what. I'd also expect to see a article in the Metro section of the Chronicle with the title "Concealed Handgun Licensee Charged with Assault on Teens", and my name in it, unfortunately.

Finally- I don't think you'd see this happen. Few adults or teens these days would have the huevos (as we used to say in Brewster County). I do believe you might find yourself surrounded by, guns drawn (or tackled by) H.P.D., Pct. constables, or Harris Cty. sheriffs deputies as you walked out.

Page generated in 0.03345 seconds with 8 queries