View Single Post
Old November 15, 2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Ruark

Thanks for the reply, Sefner. A few quick points:

- you mentioned several times not doing this "if you didn't fear for your life." I'm talking about situations where you DID fear for your life. That's a given here. Sorry if I didn't get that across well enough in the post.

- you also mention some issues with "leg shots." I'm referring specifically to foot shots, with a knee shot as a possible alternative, not just blasting away at a leg.

- infection could possibly be a fatal consequence of a foot injury, but these days it's highly unlikely if emergency treatment is obtained within a reasonable time. In any case, other circumstantial requirements being met, it's certainly better than slaughtering him.

- I absolutely agree about using a COM shot - that's the only alternative IF you're not confident about taking the foot or knee. I can think of a number of situations, by the way, where a COM shot won't stop an assailant in his tracks, whereas a hot round through the knee(s) would drop him instantly.

As far as using pepper spray or a taser-type device "in case I don't want to kill the guy," those are good choices if I can get him to fill out an application before he attacks me, so I'll know which weapon to carry when I leave the house that night.

- Ruark

- Ruark

Page generated in 0.02779 seconds with 8 queries