View Single Post
Old February 11, 2010, 02:24 PM   #13
Brittus

Ching Sling & Scout Scope Mount

If I wanted to add a Ching Sling where would I add the 3rd swivel? I bought a Uncle Mike's 1001-2 QD Super Swivel that comes with a self-tapping thread or a machine thread screw & nut/washer to locate it through a fully-drilled hole. Is there a measurment/angle involved? I'll be "ruining" my OEM stock so I want to put it in the right place! And yeah, I have that silly nylon sling...

Fast-Eddie, the Savage 10FCM came with a B-Square custom forward-of-reciever mount. There is an extra hole drilled & tapped in the barrel for the forward mounting screw; otherwise the rear two mounting screw locations are spaced & tapped for standard Savage round rifle bases- Savage customer service sent me to a pair of Weaver #43's, $3.99 at the local gun store to go there and where the factory Williams peep sight sits. I must say the B-Square mount is beautiful, appears strong and was suprisingly light. I'm keeping it in the box with the LER scope in case I go back or I'd sell the whole setup to you.

So that's the retrofit- to go the other way I am sure you could buy the B-Square mount through Savage; I heard B-Square has a proprietory agreement and won't sell/distribute them otherwise. Mine came with T-15 Torx screws from the factory which I used in the Weaver bases. The forward mount hole you'd have to thread into the barrel is in the taper and the B-Square mounts machining fit is BETTER than a glove- unless its a surgeons glove. A smith could do your hole/thread tapping and lap the mount in if you wanted to go the extra yards.

I'll say I love this gun and think .308 in modern powder & bullet selection makes this a great all-arounder. Even being as light as it is I almost look forward to its bite in my shoulder when she fires, smooth and predictable.

Speaking of after lots of expirementation I have the AccuTrigger turned up to its taughtest setting- like my dad used to joke about equalizers in a stereo system- people tend to set them one way and leave them alone. Comments on that adjustable trigger system?

Brittus

Last edited by Brittus; February 11, 2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typos

Page generated in 0.02248 seconds with 8 queries