View Single Post
Old October 7, 2009, 08:28 PM   #16
jgcoastie

Personally, I would suggest getting her a shotgun that fits her, or one that very closely fits her and you make the proper adjustments for her fit...

I would also start her out on a 20ga if she is recoil sensitive... My neighbor recently introduced his wife to shotgunning with a Remington 870 20ga and replaced the factory stock with one of those fancy Knoxx recoil-reducing stocks. It essentially has zero recoil and she loves shooting it. I'm not saying you have to go out and spend a lot of $$$, but if you want her to be a lifelong shooting partner, it would be worthwhile to spend a few hundred bucks and get her something she enjoys, or she likely won't be shooting with you much longer...

Mama ain't gonna like shooting for long with a black-n-blue shoulder...
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.03188 seconds with 8 queries