Thread: Gun Belt
View Single Post
Old April 2, 2018, 07:17 AM   #39
RETG

After a few weeks of wearing a Kore leather belt (approx. 3/2/18), I have to say that except for the trackbelt adjustments which I like, I am disappointed in the wear at the holster location.

This is not noticeable while wearing where the holster since the holster hides the wear, however, when removing the belt the wear is very noticeable and I will be surprised if the belt lasts anywhere as long as the belt it is replacing; a standard 1.5" Carhartt leather belt. And the Carhartt, is over three years old.

I have only carried a P30SK in a Desantis Holster, not a heavy handgun, since I started wearing this belt and other than the permanent bends in the belt, the wear is actually located at the BOTTOM of the belt where it goes through the rear loop on the holster. I believe the bottom is being worn due to the location of the holster on the belt and when I sit the holster is contacting the chair and is being pushed up causing the wear. But it took years for the wear to be as noticeable on the other belts.
But the other belts were SOLID leather, whereas, this belt is two layers sewn together with a piece of plastic in the middle. And the crimp is at the location of the seam where the two are sewn together.

The holster does not sag, but it never sagged when on the Carhartt belt. And I am not advertising just for Carhartt, the leather belt I used previously was a Levi leather belt and it lasted many years. And the Carhartt and Levi belts were used to support a full size Beretta PX4 in a Desantis holster, so more weight.

Since I like the trackbelt idea, I might give Anson Belt a try to see if the wear is more/less/same.

This shows the permanent bends in the belt where the holster is located:

This shows the wear at the "bottom" part of the belt where the last loop of the Desantis holster is located:

I give MY OPINION (not often) based on many years shooting at, other than paper targets. I will not debate my experience vs. your experience based on dreams and "what ifs." I'm 73; I'm too damn old to care.

Last edited by RETG; April 2, 2018 at 07:23 AM.

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries