View Single Post
Old April 2, 2010, 11:32 AM   #25
Uncle Billy

Upon reading the catalog of stuff that comes up on taking that link to "American Thinker", it seems to me it ought to be called "Neo-Conservative American Non-thinker", but that's redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Intrepid
... But I'm acquainted with a fair number of L/L/P intellectuals, and they often demonstrate a trend towards looking at a heinous crime and noting that the perpetrator was a victim as well; a disenfranchised and deprived individual who was structurally channeled to behave as s/he did by the repressive societal structure that exists in the U.S. today. They can explain in great detail the extent to which the perpetrator is a product of a series of external stressors, familial disintegration, economic disparity, and societal marginalization, until the discussion reaches a point where the perpetrators behavior is deeply understood to be a logical product of long-standing systemic failure. In fact, taken to it's extreme, the perpetrators behavior was very nearly pre-determined by this historic and synergistic confluence of causation - to a point where the perpetrator is not really responsible for their own behavior at all. The perpetrator is, rather, a product of their environment; and must be viewed as such.
But that isn't to say they weren't guilty for what they did and thus should escape justice and/or society's actions to protect itself from their behavior. You seem to be claiming that the factors you list are only "excuses" that liberals use to decriminalize anti-social behavior rather than relevant "causes" of it, which they are, and that lacks intellectual integrity because research has shown them to be where criminal attitudes begin; the tacit accusation that liberals excuse such behavior from society's actions to bring justice and/or actions protect itself is also a stereotypically uninformed judgment of liberal ideology.

Are you saying that such an analysis is inaccurate and a pile of liberal baloney and so has no credibility? Then as a conservative, where do you suppose criminal behavior comes from- what causes it? If you say "failure of personal integrity" or "a lack of religion" or some such simplicity and leave it at that, you haven't answered the question in any useful way.

As for the OP- She's a liberal no longer (if she ever was one at all, and I'll bet Berkeley was picked because it was thought to be the epicenter of liberalism about 40 years ago), and not much of a psychologist either, which is probably also a fraud. It sounds way too much like it was written by someone of neo-conservative emotions (I'm reluctant to call them "ideas") and is a sham, a fiction whose purpose is to denigrate "liberal" perspectives for the entertainment of non-liberals in a blatant performance of "preaching to the choir". Only those who hate liberals and really don't objectively understand what they stand for would take it seriously.

Page generated in 0.03334 seconds with 8 queries