View Single Post
Old July 4, 2017, 12:02 PM   #9
Aguila Blanca
Staff

If you still have access to your Photobucket account, you can download your photos. To do so, you have to do it one album at a time. Go to each album and, in the album tools menu at the right side of the screen, there's a choice for "Download Album." Click that, you'll go through an annoying "Captcha" verification screen, and then you can download. Each album will be compiled as a .ZIP file that you can save on your hard drive.

To find which of your posts on this (or any vBulletin) forum contain Photobucket-hosted images, the vBulletin search function supports wildcards. You just need to find any one of your posts with an image to start. For example, I found one of my images with the following info (I'm changing the brackets on the image tag to curly so they'll show up)"

{IMG}http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e193/AguilaBlanca/100-0097_IMG.jpg{/IMG}

Except for the last part, which identifies the individual image within my photobucket account, the bulk of that string is common to my entire Photobucket account. So, to search for all posts with Photobucket images, I go to advanced search and I enter the following as my search string:

*i39.photobucket.com/albums/e193/AguilaBlanca*

The asterisks are the wild card characters, and they're the key to making the search work. It doesn't work without the asterisks. The search should generate for you a list of all your posts that include images hosted on your Photobucket account.

Of course, the big question is what we can do about it once we know which threads/posts have images in them. I expect that our admin overlords are wrestling with that question even as I type.

Page generated in 0.02238 seconds with 8 queries