Thread: Shooting sticks
View Single Post
Old November 12, 2018, 12:48 PM   #3
Double Naught Spy

Dano,
You can go with monopods, bipods, or tripods. I tried the bipods but found I still rocked back and forth with them and that caused some issues. I use a couple of tripods. I have bought cheap (that worked for a while) and I have bought quality. I prefer the quality tripods (and there are several), but I use my gear a LOT.

I am a fan of Primos Trigger Sticks and of Bog Pod. I would not suggest the Primos Trigger Sticks in a bipod, only tripod or monopod. The bipod, with the long grip, tends to cant to one side or the other if you don't hold onto the grip itself. For how I hunt, I prefer to hold the gun and worry about controlling it and not having to hold the rest (mono/bi/tripod) and controlling it in addition to holding and controlling the gun. Tripods are best for this.

Monopods are the lightest, quickest to deploy and the least stable.

Bipods are the second lightest and quickest, plus are much more stable.

Tripods are heaviest and the slowest to deploy but are the most stable. They allow for 360 degree rotation that can be difficult in bipods which are only directionally supportive. With all the legs together, tripods can be used as a monopod in situations were expediency is necessary.

Page generated in 0.02629 seconds with 8 queries