View Single Post
Old January 14, 2010, 10:50 AM   #46
UniversalFrost

just questioned a guy last weekend who had a taurus 1911 (clearly saw the taurus stamp on the slide) that was dumping full mags with one trigger pull. I originally went up to him to help him get the gun fixed (he was in early 20's) then he went off that he had a stamp for it and did a song and dance then i asked to see his paperwork (my buddy is a RO and was standing right next to me) then he said he just moved from georgia and didn't transfer it yet, then we advised him that was illegal and then he said he was working on it and gave some made up name ( i am on a first name basis with the BATF in Tucson and Phoenix and know about 99% of them).

at that point he packed up and left and then on his way out we made sure to get his plate number and I made a call to the BATF and the sheriff to report him.

i did all this to help our range out since we don't want folks breaking the law and getting the ranch in trouble. we have had yahoo's in the past come out with unregistered guns and cans and then an undercover BATF agent will bust them (yes the BATF goes to ranges undercover, just like at gunshows). then the range gets in trouble for not checking their paperwork.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Page generated in 0.05116 seconds with 8 queries