View Single Post
Old November 9, 2018, 09:23 AM   #11
cptmclark

Well, thanks for the support. I didn't really want to hammer on my rifle.
I just hammered upward on the bolt handle with a rubber mallet. It was very stiff all the way up. Then the bolt extracted normally as if no problem . Now that it's out it works normally in and out. So where was it stuck??
EVIDENCE: THE CASE DOESN'T APPEAR DAMAGED BUT FELL OUT EASILY. THE PRIMER WAS SEPARATED FROM THE CASE AND BLACK SMUDGE ALL OVER THE PRIMER. NO OTHER BURN MARKS. tHERE IS A VERY DEFINITE MARK FROM THE EJECTOR, MORE THAN i'D EVER SEEN. yOU CAN FEEL THE EDGES OF THAT MARK. Maybe that's where it stuck, with a broken ejector? Have you ever seen this?
Now, the ejector as I recall is a plunger on a spring, and protrudes out of the bolt face when at rest. I'm not sure about this. The ejector is now flush with the bolt face, which seems wrong, and there is a tiny piece of bright metal (maybe primer) junction of the of the ejector and bolt face. OTHERWISE I SEE NO ABNORMALITIES, EVEN THE BLUING IS BRIGHT AND NEW LOOKING. THEY DID GOOD WORK 30 + YEARS AGO!

Sorry for so many words. I need to learn how to disassemble the bolt and whether the ejector should be sticking out of the bolt face when at rest.

Now I'll go pull some bullets and see what I really loaded under the 165 gr bullet.

Thanks again for your advice.

M

Page generated in 0.02789 seconds with 8 queries