View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 02:35 PM   #19
tyme
Staff

VP Biden brought up CDC statistic gathering about firearms, and compared this to gathering statistics on vehicle accidents.

The difference is that when guns kill people, they're operating correctly. Gathering statistics would only really demonstrate which ammo is more lethal, or which guns are more lethal, but everyone wants guns that are more accurate, and more effective, which translates to higher lethality for hunting or self defense. Gathering stats on this is completely pointless from the perspective of public safety.

VP Biden: "Harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than ... [to use a] shotgun. If you want to keep someone away during an earthquake, buy some shotgun shells."

Oh My God.

VP Biden: "...Glocks... magazines that can hold 2 10 8 12 30 shells in it."

VP Biden: "There is no diminution of your ability to defend yourself having 10 clips in a round... I mean ten shells... instead of [30+]."
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Last edited by tyme; January 24, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.03686 seconds with 8 queries