View Single Post
Old November 26, 2020, 10:50 PM   #31
ThomasT

Quote:
Wasn't there some guy who shot something like 10,000 wood blocks, in the air, with a couple of 66s? (Only missed two?)
That was Ad Toepperwein and the total was over 75,000 blocks IIRC in two days. He was a factory demo shooter. Read up on him he was a heck of a shot.

https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/...wein-adolph-ad

I had a nylon 66 back around 1985 I bought in a pawn shop for $75. I wish I still had it. That was a shootin' SOB. It was one of the most natural pointing rifles I have ever shot. i even shot a finch out of the air with it off hand after a friend missed with a 12ga shotgun. The same day I shot a running cotton tail after the same friend missed it with the same 12ga shotgun. And after being shot at with that shotgun that rabbit was haulin' ass.

You will read that Remington dropped them because the molds were worn out. But I think in truth the 10/22 killed them off. IIRC it was F.I.E. in south America that bought the molds and started making them and the ones I looked at looked just as good as the Remington made guns.

They were unique and had their own corner of the market. If you see a deal on one give it a try.

Page generated in 0.03932 seconds with 8 queries