View Single Post
Old January 10, 2020, 08:49 AM   #6
Theohazard

The Glock 19 is the easiest handgun in the US to find parts for, either aftermarket or factory. It will be easier to find holsters for it than any other handgun. If you want to sell it you’ll have no problem finding a buyer.

I did a torture test with my Gen 3 19 and my Octane 9 silencer and blew the silencer up after just over 500 continuous rounds fired rapid-fire. The slide was so hot that an oven mitt was needed to clear the gun. We set it down on the floor of the shooting bay, let it cool, then took it apart. The plastic guide rod was melted slightly and the gun was filthy (silencers foul guns way more than normal). I reassembled the gun and it worked fine.

I decided to replace the guide rod anyway, and since Glocks are so popular I was lucky that the range/gun shop where I worked had some in stock. We didn’t carry guide rods for any other brand of handgun, just Glocks. And you’ll find that’s true for many gun shops.

I was in a class once and a guy needed an extra mag for his Glock 19. Luckily, almost half the class was using a Glock 19 or 17, so it was easy for him to borrow one. If he’d had a less popular gun he probably would’ve just had to finish the class down a mag.

Sorry, this is just my convoluted way of saying that the Glock 19 is both super tough and reliable, and also really easy to own because of its extreme popularity. If you don’t like the gun for some reason or you don’t want a gun that everyone else has, then don’t bother. But otherwise there’s no reason not to own one.

Last edited by Theohazard; January 10, 2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo

Page generated in 0.03889 seconds with 8 queries