View Single Post
Old January 30, 2020, 09:18 PM   #25
dogtown tom

Quote:
Aguila Blanca
That makes for an interesting point. The instructions make it appear that the BATFE is doing a bit of social engineering, specifically with regard to Native Americans.
Again, this isn't coming from ATF. These changes will eventually appear on all federal forms that ask similar questions.

Quote:
It seems that, for Native Americans and Alaskan Natives only, the BATFE is confusing race and ethnicity.
Again, it ain't ATF!
OMB,OMB,OMB,OMB

Quote:
It gets confusing. My late wife was from South America. She hated it when the U.S. government insisted that she had to declare herself as Hispanic. Her view -- as a native of a Latin American country -- was that "Hispanic" referred to people from Spain. She had never been to Spain, and she did NOT consider herself to be "Hispanic." It doesn't help when the .gov uses one set of rules for one race, and other rules for all the other races.
I have buyers from India complain that they aren't Asian. Well the .gov disagrees.

When they separated Q10a and Q10b it has lead to nearly a third of customers failing to answer both question even though it says in bold print both must be answered.
Me: You need to answer 10a Hispanic or Not Hispanic Ethnicity.
Buyer: Im White.
Me: I know, you need to answer Hispanic or Not Hispanic, two different questions.
Buyer: Im not Hispanic, I'm White.
Me: Then check Not Hispanic.
Buyer: I'm not Mexican.
Me: Answer the question or get shot.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02881 seconds with 8 queries