View Single Post
Old January 24, 2020, 01:03 PM   #48
Cosmodragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet93 View Post
Funny..I sent Paul a box of Lehigh/Underwood Xtreme Defender .380 and asked for a 'meat target' test vs JHP and maybe 9mm JHP thru a lot of cloth..that 'box' of 20 cost $26, btw, plus shipping..
That was 2 years ago..I sent him an email, one was answered(busy, I'll get to it) the other..not..I still like his videos but canceled my patreron subscription to him..

BTW-I did a VERY unscientific test on my own..some pork ribs on a watermelon wrapped with about 10 layers of jeans..shot Lehigh Xtreme Defender .380 from about 5 years and it made quite a nice mess of the watermelon..split the front, BIG hole in back. Tried another with 9mm JHP..didn't find the round but small hole going in, small hole coming out. It 'appeared' like it didn't open at all(clogged?).

YMMV and all that..
Sorry to hear that Paul was busy. He has tested their Xtreme Penetrator in .380 and their Defender in 9mm.

Despite the silly name, I really like the concept of Lehigh's Penetrator solids. While it doesn't "penetrate" any more deeply than FMJ, it does seem to tear up up the wound channel nicely. If I was going to carry .380 or .38 special defensively, they'd be an easy choice based on the test results I've seen.

Page generated in 0.02732 seconds with 8 queries